In this development project the client had a number of goals:
- To transform the look of the house into a style that reflected a Kentish barn – with a big open entrance hall and lots of space and light.
- To incorporate space for specific needs:- home cinema, gym and additional accommodation for guests.
- To achieve a natural but contemporary style.
- To realise the development potential of the house, which sat on a highly sought after residential road.
- To make the house look like it was always designed that way and avoid it looking like an extension.
This finished project in effect gave the clients a brand new home.
The house increased in size from a 2000sqft 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house to a 4000sqft 6 bedroom 4 bathroom home.
The build incorporated a home cinema, open kitchen/sun room, new wiring, new central heating system including under floor heating, new windows and doors throughout, all internal decoration, new kitchen, bathrooms and flooring.
CBS even landscaped the gardens and driveway.
As well as having doubled in size, the house has also doubled in value, generating quite a healthy profit for the owners.